On September 14th, Hurricane Odile devastated Cabo San Lucas. Our Co-Founder’s husband was there since he often works out of Cabo as captain of a fishing yacht. The devastation is far and wide and Cabo needs our help. If you have ever visited the beautiful beaches, resorts or spent time on open water in Cabo, please consider a donation of much needed supplies and staple food items.
YachtAid Global, a San Diego organization, is dedicated to delivering humanitarian aid onboard yachts to coastal communities worldwide. They have partnered with Marine Group Boat Works to help the people of Baja in this time of need. If you would like to send aid, the donation collection point and needed items are below.
Donation collection point is Marine Group Boat Works in San Diego:Attn: Baja Relief – Leah Yam c/o Marine Group 997 G Street Chula Vista, CA 91910 619-621-2220
Here’s a list of items you can donate in order of priority. If you want to donate money, click on this link or send checks made out to YachtAid Global – Baja Relief to the same address above.
1. Bottled/boxed drinking water and shelf stable juices.
2. Basic medical first aid. Bandages. Wound cleansing liquid. Band-Aids. Hand sanitizer. Ointment like neosporin.
3. Long shelf life food. Beans. Tuna. Beef Jerky. Boxed shelf stable milk. Etc
4. Shelter. Pop up tents. Rolls of heavy duty plastic sheeting. Colored canvas tarps to make shade. Small diameter rope like 1/4 – 1/2 inch to secure tarps.
5. Baby care items like formula, diapers, wipes, stuff to keep an infant healthy
UPDATE October 17, 2014
Thank you to those who donated and contributed to the Hurrican Odile victims in Cabo. Power and water has been restored as well as the opening of the international airport last week to international flights. Cabo is slowly moving to get back on track after the devastation and we thank you for your contributions. Shop Conscious Beauty donated multiple first aid kits and other supplies. Donations are still being accepted at the address above should you have extra supplies such as clothing and food.