Breakfast should include essential fatty acids, which help put the brakes on inflammation that accelerates fine lines, sagging, and blotchiness which often occur at night. Start your day by adding almonds, walnuts, or salmon into your favorite breakfast. Here’s our pick for the perfect breakfast recipe you can try this holiday season. Cinnamon is also a great antioxidant and adds natural sweetness without the use of sugar. Avoid sugar, & dairy where possible as they are known complexion killers.
Spiced Apple Quinoa Granola Recipe:
In a large mixing bowl combine:
- 3 Cups Organic Oats (not quick cook, or steel cut)
- 2 tbs Uncooked Quinoa
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1/2 Chopped or Sliced Almonds (raw)
- 1 Eggwhite
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds (raw)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut (uncooked)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tbs Cinnamon
- Mix thoroughly and spread evenly across rimmed backing sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 325 F. Stir, and return to baking for aprox 10 more minutes. Watch closely as oats should not be crispy however upon cooling they will crisp beautifully without being overcooked.
- Add 1 Cup Dried Apple Slices Chopped and Mix
Serve with your favorite non-dairy milk such as almond, coconut or rice milk, or try with your favorite chia pudding.